Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What's Wonderful Wednesday!

Inspired by this AWESOME blog, here is my 2nd instalment of "What's Wonderful" for this particular Wednesday:
*********

"What's Wonderful Wednesday" # 2:   
Exam Week!

Have you ever taken the time to just watch someone, even just for a little bit?   Well, John is a real treat to stare at.    I especially get a kick out of watching him mark his students exams.   For starters, he is usually so engrossed in his marking or prep that he doesn't even realize that he's being watched.  (Which, of course,  is half the fun.)   He gets all focused and intense, and he marks furiously fast!
 About midway through the stack of tests-  he'll  begin tapping on the table with his red pen and his foot will start moving to his own beat, (which always reminds me that he still doesn't own that set of drums he keeps asking for.)   Sometimes,  if he's really feeling itt- he'll start making this funny clicking/popping sound with his tongue,  and if I'm lucky,  his head will begin to slightly bob up and down.

   Really, it's like a one man band!   

 And then....?   Well - then he'll remember that he's actually NOT alone, and he'll look up at me pretending to be annoyed with me as if I've interrupted him or something.       



Which is definitely AWESOME because that's when his dimples show the best.   

Which usually causes me to plead with him to "stop marking those darn tests and come watch M*A*S*H with me instead."

Which he always does because he can never turn down a chance to laugh at good ol' BJ and Hawkeye!   But really, Who can?

So here is to:   

*Lots of tests that never have to mark
* Cute dimples
*The good ol' 4077
*And having absolutely nothing better to do!

What's Wonderful in your life?

3 comments:

Dick Family said...

haha, cute post! It's great to remember those wonderful things once in a while! I like the idea of Wonderful Wednesday!

PS - Daniel does the tapping, clicking thing, but he throws in the whistle when he's marking!

Jordan and Luci said...

Funny Tan. What's wonderful here? Jax stayed in his bed all night until 7 a.m!!!!! That's probably only happened 3 times since we moved to Utah. I had the best night sleep I have had in a LONG time.

PS Jax saw a gold van parked outside our house and yelled, "Mom! Tanis is here!" I wish! Oh and he only wants Sam to come to his party, so MAKE IT HAPPEN! :)

chick pea said...

Tanis, I wouldn't mind seeing the one man band. Maybe you should video tape it next time! I like that you find marking papers romantic.