Abigail had a fun week and got to attend Activity Days for the FIRST TIME! She joined her leaders and the other girls at the local salon for some hairdressing fun and came home feeling pretty stylish;) I remember when Abby was a baby and I got to serve as an Activity Day leader for a few months before we moved away. It was my favorite calling and I remember thinking how fun it would be to have an eight year old girl of my own. And now- I do! (And I was right, by the way, she is an entertaining little thing!)
Some of the funny things Abby has said this week:
Abby (one night before bed): "Mom? Tomorrow do you think that you could put something new or just maybe sorta different in my lunch? Because, well my lunches have just been so predictable lately."
Me: Fine...sure kid.
Tonight on our walk Abby was listening to her ipod when the song Firefly started to play. Part way through the song Abby looked at me and said wistfully: "Mom, if I could just see a group of fireflies, like just 20 or 30, then I know it would like totally make my life."
Me: Uh...sure kid.
Abby was telling me once about a boy in her grade who always chases the girls at recess. I tried to explain to her that perhaps he is chasing her and her friends because he has a crush. Abby quickly interrupted me and said, "Oh no mom. He's not the type who chases for love. He just chases for fun."
Me: Yeah...sure kid.
***********
This past Monday evening, during dinner Sam got all ambitious and begged us to let him plant his very own garden. Thinking little of it at the time- John and I both gave our approval of the idea. Well Sam, taking our okey dokey to heart instantly scooped the peas and corn off his plate and headed to the deck to begin planting. It was cute to see him (aided by his sisters of course) carefully plant and water the food that moments ago had sat on their plates.
I suppose John and I could have stopped them and explained that there was little point in watering the veggies- but we'd grown tired of asking the kids to actually eat them so instead we just said:
"Sure kid. Good luck with that"
***************
Nathan has impressed us this week and has proved that he is every bit as smart as he looks. He recovered from his week long bout of the flu with a mouthful of new teeth and a vocabulary to boot!Some of the words he can say are: cacka (cracker), dis (this), mi (mine), tooba (toothbrush), Dad (dad), Dad (mom...It's ok,I'm flexible;), puppy, and wi (which sadly does in fact mean Wii).
It makes me proud of him, and proud of myself for actually being able to understand his little language. He's at that stage where he'll talk to someone and they're all like, "Oh sure kid...I know exactly what your saying.....?????"
*********
And what would a post about the kids be without a shot of Jessica. This little one was sick for most of the week with the worst flu ever. For a good five days she just laid in bed and watched Toy Story 3 while trying unsuccessfully to hold down even water.
It's not easy watching your kids suffer through sickness-but this one handled it like a trooper. I dare say she even got a bit fond of the whole "sick kid" routine. All week she pretty much got whatever she wanted.
Pop in bed...while watching the 5th movie in one day?
"Sure- you bet kid. Whatever. You. Want!!"
Happy Sunday!
We had a great day, spent with some of my siblings eating food and enjoying Conference Talks.
I'm so excited to re-read some of my favorites!
Have A Great Week!!!!
4 comments:
I love it and I SOOO wish Abby was in Activity Days with ME! She makes me laugh. We can't wait to see you guys!
I love Sunday evenings because there is always something great to read here on A Day in our Lives! I loved the stories of your kids...and the pictures.
We are so excited to see you guys in a couple of weeks. The kids are already planning what sorts of fun things we can do...maybe our snow will be gone by then! Yeesh!
love the update Tanis! I am at Make and Mingle at the Parent Link Center - so I can blog stalk and not feel guilty - cause Kate is having fun playing at stay and play - it's the perfect way to spend a Monday morning once I get out of the house! That in itself is a big job these days - sigh - is it book club soon? We need to catch up!
Ok, since when did Abby start looking like a teeny-bopper! She was thrilled about that yellow flower when I saw her last week!
You've sure got some cute kids! I was hoping you'd share Sam's bunkbed story too though! That's one worth documenting!
Post a Comment