This past weekend we worked on getting our yard ready for winter.
I know...HUSH with the winter talk right?
It seems as though I am the only one around here who is excited for snow. Truth be told - I do NOT like winter at all, however I do like the first snow fall.
There is something magical about it, and this weekend was spent preparing for it's arrival.
My wintry scentsy scents have been moved to the front of my candle cupboard. The Christmas songs have been loaded onto iTunes. I've got a stack of recipes for soups and stews ready to be made. And our storage room is full of apple juice that will supply my endless thirst for hot apple cider. All of this in preparation for that one day when we will wake up and discover that snow has blanketed the town. Oh what a cozy day it will be! (Don't worry though, I'm sure that after that one day, I will dread and loathe the snow just like every other normal person around here does.)
Best of all though- this weekend we got our yard cleaned up after a summer of growing. Our front yard looks a little bit less like an old folks home as I cut down most of our perennials, and even dug out a few for good! John and his Dad worked on the back yard shredding up all the remains that I had scattered over the garden. Corn husks, carrot tops, the chard we couldn't finish and the zucchini we barely touched- all of it got shredded up and then 'tilled back into the ground.
I LOVE how clean it all looks now and every time I look out our window I breathe a sigh of relief that we are indeed ready (like good little ants) for the...um..."white stuff." (Should it ever decide to come.)
Which, by the looks of the forecast, might actually be quite soon!!!
Eeeeeek!!!!

3 comments:
I put my winter tires on my car last week so I'm pretty sure it won't snow for at least another month.
Sick! I'm SOOOO not ready for winter. Good that you got your yard ready though oh and I'm loving your Halloween fun too!
Lorin-that's totally the way it will go;)
Luce-don't you miss these Canadian Winters? They miss YOU!
Post a Comment