It's been a week of -40 degree temperatures, which means- not too much of note happened;)
I for one was quite disappointed to go the week without getting a single "snow day" out of it.
So, while the kids and John braved the cold and went to school - Nate, Jess and I stayed home and considered every day a "snow day" - just for spite! We cuddled lots, read a little, made valentine decorations, watched movies, and drank a year supply of hot chocolate in a few short days.
(I know, this Motherhood stuff is a tough gig-but somebodies got to do it;)
John, on the other hand was thrilled that a snow day never happened as he apparently needed every last minute of teaching time to prep his students for finals week. (I hardly call that a reason to wish away a snow day, but who am I to say?;)
Luckily, by Friday night a beautiful Chinook rolled in that caused the temp to rise 20 degrees in just a matter of minutes! And just like that we we were back to enjoying unseasonably warm temperatures on the plus side of 0! Yesterday, I opened all the windows in our house for the first time in ages and let the fresh air and sunshine come flooding in! Beautiful!!!
The kids were happy to get outside Saturday , and I even ventured out with them. We built three snowmen, and went sledding on a hill in the alley by our house. Nate surprised me the most by LOVING the GT snow racer! He squealed every time, and flat out refused to let his older siblings take a turn on it. When I tried to ride with him once he fought back with his favorite phrase of late:
"Go away!" ;)
I unfortunately called it quits to sledding much sooner then the kids would have wanted, but then again they weren't the ones who had to continually haul a 2 year old, a 4 year old and two snow racers up the hill. Over...and over ...and over again;)
By the time we got home our little snow family had already begun to melt, and our front lawn is looking more brown then white now;)
Is it too much to hope that that was it for Winter?

No comments:
Post a Comment