Well, Easter Break has officially begun! We have some fun things planned for this weekend, and throughout the week, and it will be so nice to have John home each day! I'm all geared up for some productive days of spring cleaning. It's this time of year that I divide my house into "zones" and spend an entire day focusing on each particular zone. I'm cleaning out tonnes of clutter, and I think we'll actually try to have a garage sale at some point. (The kids have always wanted to have one;)
Speaking of the kids- they are more then ready for the Easter Bunny to arrive. Of course we are trying hard to teach them all about the real reason that we celebrate Easter - but that darn bunny is just so alluring!
Yesterday, Abby and Jessica disappeared for a good while, and I eventually went to see what they were up to. They had created a little incubation zone in Jessica's room where they were hoping to hatch their very own chick! Abby even had a bowl of water and a plate of seeds nearby just in case the chick happened to arrive on Easter Morning as hoped.
It's totally an egg from the store.
Hard boiled.
And dyed green.
But I wasn't about to crush their little spirits. Nope, I was perfectly happy to let them continue on trying for a while longer. They'd tried their very best to simulate a natural environment- even using a real nest that once sat in our crab apple tree out back.
But then John came home, and flat out told the girls that this would NEVER work.
Abby started to cry.
Jessica still tried to believe.
I promised John then and there that if I ever take the kids on a "snipe hunt"
- HE'S STAYING HOME!!!!
Happy Easter
3 comments:
Oh a SNIPE HUNT!!!! Can I come? John definitely needs to stay home. . . . it has been a good 25 years since I have done THAT!!
HAHAH Tan that was the funniest story. Egg from the store, hard boiled, dyed green.
I agree with John, the odds weren't in their favor. Great photo of the girls!
Hahaha Chad- did you notice how I'd spelled dyed? "Died Green?" Gosh I can be so funny;)
Post a Comment