Back when John and I purchased our very first home (remember that home that had taillights) we celebrated by buying four fruit trees, and planting them in well thought out places in our yard. We had high hopes of enjoying an endless supply of home grown fruit while we enjoyed our charming little life in our charming little home. (yes...the one with taillights on it;)
Unfortunately, due to either our lack of foresight (though I prefer to call it spontaneity), just months after planting our two apple trees and two pear trees, we sold that place and bought a new home.
We had no choice but to leave those lovely little trees behind.
As soon as we could that following spring, we purchased two more pear trees and planted them in, once again, two very well thought out places. And we've spent the past couple of years...waiting.
Much to all of our delight, it appears that one of our trees may actually potentially produce.
Still, if no pears ever actually appear - I think I'd still be perfectly happy to see these beautiful blossoms every spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment