Sunday, May 20, 2012

Soccer, Gardening and a little bit of Bicycle Theft ;)

Well May is feeling as though it is almost over, and I can barely catch my breath, time is flying so quickly!   May and June are just jam packed with Soccer, parties, year end festivities, festivals and preparations for Moroni's Quest.   It's all a lot of fun, and in no time it will be summer.  
No doubt summer will fly by, so really...in no time- it will be the fall! ;)   Gulp.

But right now, it is May, and perhaps I just need to calm down and take each day for what it is;)   

Sam and Jess have been enjoying soccer this month.  Sam is actually quite confident on the field and always entertaining to watch.     He really is quite a performer.  In fact, the high school band went over to the Elementary School this week to play for the kids there and Sam apparrantly was quite a hoot to watch.   THREE teachers stopped me at different times that day to tell me how funny Sam was during the band performance, dancing and orchestrating from his little spot on the gym floor.  
 He's quite the Maestro this boy!


Jessica, Nate and I had a picnic down at Lions Park on one of these recent hot afternoons.    As we spread out our blanket and began to prepare our food, we noticed a bike laying nearby, that seemed to be abandoned.    I immediately got all angry and hoitey toitey telling Jessica that sometimes mean people "steal bikes" and then just abandon them in other places, and that it was a very very rude thing to do!     Grrr...grumble....complain....    It suddenly occurred to me that I could take the bike home, photograph it, and post it on our local buy and sell page in hopes of finding the rightful owner. 
   I was feeling quite optimistic that I would save the day!  haha
When John got home, he insisted that he woulda just left it alone as someone was probably coming back for it.    I've learned that if John says he would have done something a certain way, then it is probably the right thing to have done!  

Needless to say, the next day, I took this bike down to the local RCMP station and confessed to stealing it from the park! :)


The last couple of weeks have been focused on our garden and yard.     We got our garden in the other night, right before it rained;)    This year we'll enjoy:  Strawberries, walla walla onions, radishes, tomatoes, squash, cucumber, corn, carrots, beats, chard, beans, and more!   Our haskep bushes are doing beautifully (thanks Chad) as are our Saskatoon bushes, and Raspberries!   And the Rhubarb is out of control!!  I'm going to have to pick and freeze some tomorrow for sure.    



This year we may have gone a bit over board with the Raspberries.   For awhile now John and I have been thinking that these Rhaspberries canes shown above here just weren't going to be enough.

So in true John and Tanis fashion we have commandeered a strip of dirt BEHIND our fence and planted more!   One day there will be more Raspberries here then we will need!  (Is that possible to have too many Raspberries?)



The happiest thing for me this week though has been the sight of this crab apple tree.    The blossoms are beautiful, and I love the way they fall and cover the ground like snow.   It's the perfect thing to stare up at while laying on a hammock- that's for sure!
Happy Sunday!

No comments: