Months ago I came across a YouTube video of an extended family who had made a music video during one of their family reunions. I LOVED it- and immediately emailed all of John's siblings and told them that I thought we should try to do something similar.
I was pretty insistent.
And annoying.
We all spent about 1,462,708 + hours (in the form of a trillion emails) debating which song we would use, who would be in it, who would teach us the dance moves (Rach and Luce!) and how excited we all were going to have to be in order to make it awesome.
In the end, half the family thought it was a cute(ish) idea.
Half of the family thought it was lame and that I was the biggest dork in the world for attempting it.
And half the family were too nice to voice an opinion about it either way.
(and yes- I just broke John's family down into three halves;)
Still though, despite the fact that 78% of John's family were sick of this song by the end of the first day and never wanted to be filmed again - I persevered. Because that is what I do.
I persevere.
********
Dear John's family,
(including those who deep down, or not so deep down, thought I was a dork for making this video in the first place)
Thanks so much for putting up with it all, and thanks to Luci and Rachel for teaching us all how to really dance. And See? Now we have this super cool(ish) video to remind us of all that fun we had right?
You're welcome.
Sincerely,
Me
6 comments:
Love it Tan! I loved all the posts of the reunion too...minus the video that showed WAY too much of kareoke night! Thanks again for such a great couple of weeks! Our kids have been asking all day when Sam and Jess are coming to visit. So, when are they?
Ha Luce- I knew you'd have something to say about the Kareoke night. Is it my fault YOU are the life of the party?! In truth though, John made that movie- blame him;) Miss you guys!
Looks like it was a lot of fun. I'm pretty sure I saw Justin Beaver, Lady Gaga and Lenny Kravitz in there somewhere.
That was awesome you guys!! The kids probably watched it 10 times. Such a fun memory... and it was the perfect song!!
Do you want to be in charge of our next family reunion Tanis... cause you guys sure did made some fantastic memories!!
YOU ARE FREAKING AAAWWWEEESSSOOOMMMEEE!!!!!!!
That. Was. Awesome.
Post a Comment