Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Even the Pumpkins are cold!!!

Oh me oh my, I'm starting to think that Autumn has come and gone around these parts.    
The leaves have mostly fallen, the vibrant colors are gone, and we've got....
SNOW!

Snow, again!
(Wasn't I the one begging for snow just a few short weeks ago?)  

The thing about snow is that it looks beautiful and lovely and cozy as it is falling, but the novelty of the winter season inevitably wears off just as soon as I realize how stinking COLD it is!!!!


I mean - Check out the pumpkins that currently sit outside our front door?
Jessica felt the need to bundle even them up this morning?

(She's so attentive that girl:)


 There is one good thing about this cold weather though, and it is that I start making lots of yummy soups for dinner.   There is nothing better then throwing a bunch of stuff into a crock pot  and letting it simmer away all day, while the snow falls down outside.  

I'll be posting all of my favorite soups of this season on THIS here Family Food Blog and hopefully  my lovely sisters in law do the same:)!  

(Their recipes are always the Yummiest!!!)

STAY WARM!!!

No comments: