I am convinced that the funny things my kids do and say are actually tender mercies from Heaven above, meant to brighten a moment and remind me to not ever wish these days away.
I'm also convinced that, one day, I will look back and remember nothing of messy bedrooms, flooded bathroom floors, and kids whirling around a dinner table too hyper to ever eat.
Nope. Instead- I'll remember moments like these:
*******
The other day Sam came up to me determined to get Abby in trouble distressed, with an official complaint that Abby had slapped him. Abby was right behind him ready to state her defense. The dialogue went something like this:
Sam: "Mo-OM! Abby slapped me!!!"
Abby: "No Sam. I didn't slap you - I 'high fived' your face!"
******
One warm fall afternoon, a few weeks back, our family went for a little walk down to the creek. John was pushing Nate in the stroller, and as it often happens, John took off running and yelling, making the stroller careen out of control, practically dumping a laughing two year old out of it as he went.
John literally ran up the entire hill looking as though he'd gone absolutely mad.
The kids loved it!
As Jessica laughed at the crazy scene, she grabbed my hand and sighed.
"Oh mom!" she said. "I'm so glad you married this guy!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment