Last week, Abby's grade participated in the Terry Fox Run, and Abby was so excited to get to be a part of it.
So excited infact, that the night before, she carefully laid out the clothes that she was going to wear.
(She debated between capris/jogging pants. Sigh...what to do?:)
She also packed an extra bottle of water.
And before leaving the house, she had to stretch and warm up a bit.
Most importantly though, she made sure to fill out her card that showed who she would be running for.
(Grandma Hardy AND Grandma Rausch)
This event was a big deal to her, and so I figured it might be fun for Nate, Jess and I to go and meet up with her. They ran around the track for 20 minutes, and simply did as many laps as they could during that time.
I was impressed with how determined Abby was to keep moving, though I will admit, she talked and visited as much as she ran;) Nate and Jess did a great job trying to keep up as well.
After they had all finished running, before the students left to walk back to the school, Abby came and wrapped her arms around me, and said, "Mom. Thanks for...you know...stopping all your busy stuff today and coming to be here with me."
It was a slightly cheesy moment, but I did give myself a mental pat on the back for being such an awesome Mom.
JUST KIDDING! Actually, what I felt was a huge sense of relief that even though this girl is growing on me, (faster then I'd like her to), she still kinda likes having me around.
I'm just really grateful that she hasn't grown out of that yet.
Fingers crossed that she never clues in to how UNcool this Mom of hers really is!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment