Monday, November 19, 2012

Chocolate Factory

My sister Jewel married into the best family!   (actually, so did I for that matter;)    
I say this about Jewel though because she married into a family of Chocolate Makers!!!  
I am pretty much convinced that the perfect combination of relatives would consist of at least 1 doctor, 1 mechanic, 1 dentist and 1 expert chocolate maker.    As a result, I have made it clear to my children that they will have to either Become or Marry any one of the above. 
  (Naturally, they are free to chose for themselves, within the parameters of that stipulation;)

ANYWAYS- back to the chocolate.

Thanks to Jewel's Mother in law, who then taught Jewel, who then taught me - I now know (sorta, kinda, in a really amateur type way) how to make CHOCOLATES!!!    Eeeek!!!!

Beautiful, tasty, homemade chocolates.
All of my siblings got together this weekend so that we could learn and do this together, under Jewel's expert tutelage.     
It was awesome!

Us girls got to visit. 
My Brother helped when needed. (someone had to take the pictures right?)
The cousins all played.  (mostly with Crystal's dog Kit)

At the end of the day (literally as midnight approached) we all went home with our equal share of chocolate.   
(Though I'll admit, it was maybe not as equal as they all thought, because I pretty much ate my weight in sugar with all the "snitching" I did throughout the day:)   


We've heard stories growing up of how our Mom would make chocolates every year, and how good she was at it, so it felt extra special to be able to do this together.

I'll admit, I did reach a moment when I was so tired and sick of dipping that all I wanted to do was light Jewel's kitchen on fire, but looking back - I'd do it again in a heart beat!
(Make chocolates that is, not burn her kitchen down:)



Love doing things like this with mes soeurs!
 (That means "my sisters" I just thought it would be much cooler to say it in french:)



******

PS:  Jewel and I got together to package ours up all nice.   Here's a pic of the final product, ready to give away!! 


*******

PSS:   On another note, I recently won this awesome framed printable from AshleyBennett Photography!  
It came with 6 printables that I can change throughout the year, and I LOVE it.   
Never again can I say I "don't ever win anything";)
You should follow her Facebook page or Blog.    Her photos are stunning!


3 comments:

Alanna Prete said...

Oh Wow!!! Nice work Tanis! All those chocolates look sooo good!

Betsy said...

Oh my goodness. That is amazing! What a fun weekend. Sisters are the best!

Patricia Beazer said...

I can't believe no one is begging for a chocolate after seeing all those pictures! I did notice a piece of masking tape with the word 'coconut' on it. . . . Beautiful! I love that you did this with your sisters! A lovely Christmas tradition!