Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Fun, Mixing it up a bit, and a Super Cool Giveaway!!


Yesterday was John's Birthday!    37 years OLD, can you believe it?  
He celebrated by driving his team to Lethbridge for their last league game of the season.   
I tried to be a good wife and I made 15 Halloween cupcakes for him and his team, and secretly recruited one of his boys to deliver them and ensure that Happy Birthday was sung.    Apparently though- the JV boys were travelling with John, and I didn't send enough cupcakes for them, so it ended up being a really lame idea. 

(That's what I get for being a try hard:)    

While John was at his game, the kids had a delightful time trick or treating and they were absolutely enchanted by one of our neighbors, who Nate believed, was a "real live WITCH with a PET WOLF even!"    (technically, it was a stuffed Hyena that her hunter husband acquired from a friend, but I didn't want to burst any ones bubble:)   


We trick or treated for less then an hour, but came home with enough junk food to last a millennium.   As soon as we got home, the kids had to dive into their bags inspecting every last treat and eating a third of it right then and there.    Of course, they insisted on turning on the fire, and watching a Halloween Movie at the same time.    How cozy!  

Oh to be a kid again!!!

***********


I am pretty sure that I am experiencing some sort of an identity crisis these days, and it is manifesting itself in what I do to my poor house.    It seems like all my free time is spent trying to make changes here and there to our place, and I seem to conveniently wait until John is out of town to do so;)  
     And the other day,  I made John call an elderly woman in our ward to inquire about her home which she will eventually be selling.  What gives?
Why do I feel so unsettled in a house that I really do love?   

Who knows.  

   Until I figure it out though- nothing is safe, and I'm thinking that I probably need to ban myself from Pinterest for awhile.  Heaven knows,  I don't need anyone giving me any more ideas;)

To say John was shocked to come home the other day,  and find our front door a new shade of Avocado Green would be an understatement.    To say he liked it, would be a LIE:)!    
In fact, I think the exact words he used were...."Painting the door is cool,  but that is just not a color you would ever find me wearing.   EVER!"  



I keep waiting for him to come around and like it, but so far it's a no go.   (He is open to a deep maroon color though?)   Last night I asked him to pray that his heart would be softened, ...or at least that he would come to accept that our front door does not have to resemble the clothes in his closet:)    

At any rate- that's what I get for trying to be all cute and decorative.   
(aka:  a "Try Hard":)

**********

Oh, and here is a link to a really fabulous Giveaway that AshleyBennet Photography is doing.   She's an AMAZING photographer here in town, and she's created the most darling custom holiday prints that can be changed throughout the year.   I LOVE it!    

All you have to do is GO TO HER PAGE and follow the instructions!   
POOF - you'll be entered to win, just like that!


(Disclaimer:   Please don't think that by sharing this info with you that I actually want you to go and enter.   I don't.   I'm simply mentioning this to increase my own chances of winning- not yours;)
   

No comments: