Saturday, November 10, 2012

Lazy Lazy Morning

I love being lazy, especially in the mornings, and my whole family knows it)
So on Thursday morning, when we woke up and remembered that there was no school, the kids instantly began pleading to be able to make a big breakfast.   

Too which I HAPPILY agreed, because it meant I could lay in bed a few minutes longer and listen to the melodic sounds of eggs splattering on the kitchen floor, and milk being spilled, ...and kids fighting over who gets to stir what.

Abby did a pretty good job of delegating out the responsibilities.

Naturally, she was on pancake duty, as she's already mastered the task.   She does a great job measuring out each ingredient and this time, she even took the time to use frozen blueberries to make faces in each pancake.    

Sam was in charge of stirring the bacon, (which was organic- I was so thrilled to have found it:)!     
He was slightly nervous about getting splattered, hence the oven mitts:)

Jessica's job was to stir the eggs.   Unfortunately, it was also her job to crack the eggs, which we likely won't ask her to do again any time soon:) 

Part way through the breakfast prep John joined in to make one of his killer breakfast smoothies.    (Hint: we've discovered the key to an amazing smoothie is pineapple.  You're welcome:)

We all feasted on a ridiculous huge breakfast, before the kids scurried off to begin their day of play, and John rushed off for his PD day meetings at the school.

There I was.  Alone.
Just me and 3,458 dishes, measuring cups, and utensils to clean!!!  
(I'm thinking it probably would have been easier to just cook it all myself:)

No comments: