Yesterday, after a ridiculously busy morning, we headed out to the community pasture for our 2nd ever Christmas tree search. We made sure to grab John's Dad so that he could come along for the ride. It's always extra special when Grandpa joins us! John was soo excited to find us a Fir tree like he did last year. It's a good thing that the weather was so ideal, because we spent a lot (as in a LOT) of time digging our way into the thickest of forest in an attempt to either find the perfect tree, or keep up with John.
(I'm really not too sure what we were doing half the time:)
I sure LOVE being so close to Chief Mountain!
THINGS THAT WERE SPOKEN BY VARIOUS FAMILY MEMBERS AS WE HIKED IN THE WOODS:
"I know that we've seen a dozen great spruce trees. But it's a Fir tree I want."
"AbBY! Get that tree OUT.OF.MY.WAY!"
"Don't eat the yellow snow guys! It's probably Bear Pee."
"John, seriously?"
"Whoa. Okay, that branch in my face was great. No, really, thanks for that Mom."
"Too.much.walking. ....can't.go.on!"
"Oh, Heavenly Father, please let us find a fir tree so we can end this and go home."
"If you kids walk through the mud one more time...."
"John, I think we should be following your Dad?"
"Are we going in circles?"
"Q: What if we see a Bear?
A: I'll hit it ...with this stick... in the eye!"
"John, just grab that log there. I'll just decorate that!"
"Q: Tanis, what do you think of this one?
A: Love it. It's great. ...Now, let's go!"
"Well that was FUN wasn't it?!!!"


There was lots of mud to trudge through. Sam and Nate sat down more then they walked! The evening sun was stunning. And I found a wolf print, which Max insists was a really just a coyote. (killjoy;)
Finally though, FINALLY, we found a tree.
John and Max cut it down, and hauled it all the way back to our van.
And the kids celebrated their accomplishment!!

I think Max summed it up the best, when he said:
"Well, it's not quite a Charlie Brown Tree. ...But it's close!:)"
5 comments:
Nice tree Tanis. I know real trees are a lot of extra work but I think they're truly worth it.
Oh and that paw print, looks like a wolf to me, black, solitary with piercing eyes that glow fire red as it searches your soul etc...
haha Lorin. Yes, that's exactly the kinda wolf I was picturing:)
That looked like fun and thanks for the package. The kids were beyond excited about the present!
How fun! Someday I want a real tree...just once...for the experience!
Post a Comment