Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Day

Christmas Day came and went in a blur.  
A big, fat, beautiful and lazy BLUR!

Here's what I loved about it:

*  The kids let us sleep until 7:30 am.    If I recall my own childhood - it could have been much...MUCH earlier.  ;)
*  Jessica got an American Doll like she's been wanting for a whole year
* Nathan was confused and thought it was his birthday.  (shocker)  
* Sam would occasionally faint with excitement after opening a gift of his  (he tends to be dramatic:)
* Abby was Santa's little helper this year, and I LOVED that she thanked us (her parents) for her gives this year, and NOT that other guy!  
* Sam got a little ipod shuffle -but keeps telling everyone that he got an IPHONE!!  
* Unwrapping gifts took approximately 60 seconds.   FYI- Cleaning up the aftermath took about 40 minutes;)   

* After spending a lazy morning and afternoon playing with the kids, we went over to Grandpa's house for a beautiful Turkey Dinner.   I capitalized those two words to show my respect and love for Max's Turkey Dinners!!!!   num num num....


* After eating a meal fit for royalty - the kids retired to the living room where they could dance to Christmas tunes played by Aunt Rachel on the flute.    (Those who couldn't dance sat on the couch and stared at ipads like a bunch of mindless drones?! lol)

* Perhaps the best gift of all though, is that John finally relented and let Jessica have the puppy she's always wanted!   I have to admit - he's kind of a cutie:)

JUST KIDDING!!!

That's Rachel's puppy THOR!  But if you were to ask Jessica- she'd tell you that THOR was the best part about Christmas Day!!!     (To each his own, I suppose;)

Such a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: