Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bedtime without Daddy: Part 1


Every night when we put the kids to bed, we have a very specific routine that we follow:

1.   The kids have a snack (they often snack soo much it's practically a whole 'nother MEAL!)
2.  Next, John decides it's the PERFECT time to start chasing them all around and he purposely tries to get everyone hyper.   (I'm sure he does this intentionally;)
3.  Finally, I intervene as the "mean" parent and make them all brush teeth 
4.  Then I lay with Abby and Jess in their room 
5.   And John lays with Sam and Nate in their room.

That is how it has always been, and that is how I like it!     

On Sunday night however,  John had to attend a Priesthood Leadership meeting, and I was left to put the kids to bed myself.   No biggie, right?   (I've totally got this:)

As I started to crawl into bed with Nate he instantly threw a fit!  This is what he said:
"Nooooo, not you!    DAD lay with me...."  and then get this... "You're a Looser!"

(Actually, given the way he talks, it sounded more like, "Yoi a Wooser" but I understood perfectly.) 

And there it is.   My THREE YEAR OLD said that!
   
Part of me wanted to discipline him for it, but the other part of me wanted to take him to the kitchen and give him a big bowl of ice cream or something, just so that he'd like me better:) 

In the end, I just kinda patted him and said, "there there" (tsk tsk) "Daddy will be back later."
  
The little stinker fell asleep just fine, so long as he could run his sweaty pudgy fingers through my hair a gazillion times!   

It hurt.

And I had knots in my hair after.

  But still I let him.   (So that he'd like me better.)   
Sigh.....

Whatever happened to the good old days when I was all he needed:)

No comments: