Sunday, January 27, 2013

Basketball in sub zero temperatures

Thank goodness for weekends, that's what I say!

After a week of busyness as John went here and there doing who knows what, we finally got to Saturday.      Sure, there was still lots to do-  Jess had to recover from the flu, we had to get rid of our recycling, abby and sam had champs, Abby had play practice, etc etc.   
BUT it was the weekend, which meant that we got to do all those things together!:)

Sam and Abby's basketball skills have both improved a bit from last year which has been good to see.   
We took some time before dinner to set up our basketball hoop and work on a few things with them.



It turned into an impromtu game of two on two.     



It was so fun to play together, I almost didn't want it to end.   
(Except that my fingers got so cold I thought they were going to fall off)

I think I can manage the days when John is busy, so long as our week ends are filled with sweet moments like this!!

(Oh and I totally intercepted that ball in the pic up above.    John didn't say so, but I'm guessing that I surprised him with my skills!)

No comments: