This past week I had a couple of appointments in Calgary on both Thursday and Friday. They were just quick follow ups, and hardly seemed worth the two and a half hour drive involved to get there, but I do enjoy my trips to Calgary!
Usually, I just rush up alone, but since the kids were still on break, we decided to all go up together and stop at Uncle Chad's house for a night. My kids LOVE going to Uncle Chad's house! (I do to- but for slightly different reasons.)
The kids LOVE playing with their cousins Ella, Mason, Tyson and Deacon.
(I love visiting with Chad and tasting all the delicious food that Heather makes!;)
I thought it was cool that Chad had a Christmas tree with all blue lights. This is exactly what our tree looked like growing up, as a "blue tree" was my Dad's favorite thing about Christmas.
So fun to see it again, and I won't be at all surprised if we have a blue tree next year too!;)
______
We spent quite awhile before bed that night listening to Uncle Chad share funny excerpts from a book he'd gotten out of the Library. (Chad's home has such a relaxed feel, and they never really seem like they are in a hurry at all. How he and I could be related yet be soo different, is beyond me;)
______
The kids all slept under the blue tree that night, just like me and my siblings used to do.
So cute!
_____
Things I learned during this particular trip:
* My nephew is quite the sleep talker;)
* It is actually possible for kids to eat everything off their plates, including the vegetables!
(not my kids- but I did see others do it;)
* Jalepeno and Cheddar Chips are as tasty now as they were when I was 12 years old.
* John and I have failed miserably at teaching our kids good manners.
* John would much rather stay back and enjoy a gourmet breakfast of eggs benedict then battle early morning rush hour traffic in Calgary with me. Say what?
* As much as I've come to LOVE Dave Ramsey - I can still blow our budget in 30 minutes flat! (Curse you H&M!)
* Paying for parking in the city is ridiculous!!! $1 gets you 15 minutes. Why I remember "back in the day" when a quarter would give me a whole hour! Grrrrrr...
* Some of my younger age relatives think I'm a (and I quote) ... "Weirdo";)
* Apparently it's not cool to carry a giant bottle of hand sanitizer with you everywhere you go?
We had a great time, and had to bribe the kids back into our van with Cheetos when it was time to come home.
We're already looking forward to another fun time shopping with family, real soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment