Sunday, March 10, 2013

Double Digits!

Abby celebrated her 10th birthday this past week, and true to tradition- the fun lasted ALL week!

She was thrilled to got to have a birthday ON a school day, and she walk up bright and early Monday morning cheerily singing as she got ready a song that went a lot like this:
"Oh yeah...I'm in the double digits! I'm in the double digits!  Oh yeah.  Oh yeah!"
(I'd love to say this didn't get old, but....;)

I did manage to send Abby birthday cupcakes for her class as well.   What I didn't manage to do was get a picture of them.   It's probably for the best though because they weren't that cute;)  haha

After school though, Abby went to art class, and because it was her birthday she got to pose for a picture while everybody drew her portrait.   Jewel emailed me this pic and I laughed so hard.   Abby loves to be the centre of attention- that's for sure;)

She got a cute candy card from her cousin Mya, and cupcakes made to look like a paint pallet from her art teacher, Kirsty.    (Now that's how you make a cupcake look cute;)

We celebrated as a family that night by eating her favorite meal (perogys and bacon...ew!) and letting her open some presents.    She got skinny jeans, a new purse, and a joke book.    A kind kind couple also gave her their old ipod touch and so that pretty much trumped everything else she received.  haha

A week later, big surprise, we were still celebrating her.    
Yesterday she got to invite 10 friends to the local hotel pool for some swimming and fun.   Nate hung out in the hot tub with John pretty much the whole time.   I sat on the edge and watched because I have a phobia of hotel pools;)



After swimming, we used a room downstairs to have cake, ice cream and let the girls play "Just Dance" before going home.    She really has a great group of friends, and Abby enjoyed every bit of it!
And I am enjoying the fact that we're done with birthdays, at least for a little while;)

1 comment:

Lauren Andersen said...

TEN???? TEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy birthday Abby!