Back in July the AC on our van went. No biggie, I know.
Three days later- our hot water system sprung a leak. It leaked for two weeks, (while we were on holidays and while we had company after) forcing us to function for the most part with cold water only.
Four days after that was fixed - the AC on our van broke. AGAIN!!!!
Honestly, I swear I've spent my summer either playing with family or sitting in the lobby of our favorite Mechanics shop. (Which isn't really a bad way to spend a summer if you ask me, because as I waited I was able to watch Dr.Oz;)
Just as John and I got everything fixed (and then fixed again) and thought we were done with repairs -
"Big Red" started to make an awful, sickening noise, and I knew instantly that this wasn't going to end well. We took it into our mechanic (who didn't seem at all surprised to see us again;) and within no time at all it was determined that there was nothing anyone could do.
Big Red was dying.
The mechanic kept saying something about an oil pump breaking down, spewing oil all over, limiting oil pressure and wrecking the engine in the process? Does this make sense to anyone, because it didn't really to me?
What I did know was that we had a few precious miles left on the thing, but it's time was uncertain. So we drove the poor thing out to "Coopers" so that Big Red could join the likes of other junkyard vehicles who had "lived a good life."
(I had to follow John closely behind just in case he didn't make it.)
I actually think John was kinda sad to see it go.
I mean, don't get me wrong, I was sad to see it go too.
This truck was my Dad's, and believe you me, he put a LOT of money into it:)! haha
There's a lot of good memories with this truck: My Dad driving driving it around Calgary... all the little cousins playing in the back...and all the days John would come whipping into the cul de sac at crazy speeds as if it was really a sleek camaro he was driving.
Oh and my personal favorite memory....that time John drove home in reverse because the e-break wouldn't disengage.
....sigh. Yup...it's been a good good truck.
This truck was my Dad's, and believe you me, he put a LOT of money into it:)! haha
There's a lot of good memories with this truck: My Dad driving driving it around Calgary... all the little cousins playing in the back...and all the days John would come whipping into the cul de sac at crazy speeds as if it was really a sleek camaro he was driving.
Oh and my personal favorite memory....that time John drove home in reverse because the e-break wouldn't disengage.
....sigh. Yup...it's been a good good truck.
I think John and I were both about to burst in to tears we were so sad to say good bye.
But then the man who owns the junk yard gave us a cheque for $100 and we were like, "HELLO!"
We only bought this thing for $1! Booyah.
(cue the victory dance!!)
But then the man who owns the junk yard gave us a cheque for $100 and we were like, "HELLO!"
We only bought this thing for $1! Booyah.
(cue the victory dance!!)
Here's to making 100% profit!!!
AND....while cleaning out the truck, we found this handy dandy fanny pack.
I'm just sayin, it kinda helps to soften the blow!

Good bye "Big Red." Goodbye!
3 comments:
Umm, my favorite post ever!!! hahaha!
So sad to see it go Tan. That is really the end of an era.
I laughed just remembering your post about John driving backwards!
Post a Comment