Friday, April 29, 2016

Planting time

Last weekend John, the kids and I helped Grandpa mow his lawn and plant his gladiolas.   
The kids were surprisingly excited to spend the evening there.   (I thought the notion of working all evening might, for some reason, not sound very fun to them?)    Turns out - Grandpas backyard in the spring is a little patch of heaven!   

While I mowed and John 'tilled - the kids climbed trees.  They each found a branch to call "their own" forevermore.  


I'll admit, I stopped mowing every now and then just so I could take in the blossoms that were pretty much EVERYWHERE!!

From 3:30 in the afternoon until about 8:30 that night the kids took turns helping Dad plant over 1500 gladiola bulbs.    It was a lovely evening.  We ate outside, the kids rode bikes and visited with Grandpa as he sat nearby.  


It's a good place to hangout in the spring time;)


No comments: