Oh April sure was a beauty.
April definitely made up for March - and I loved it.
Conference, warm days, a week off of school...and the arrival of SPRING!!
For a good couple of weeks we were surrounded by the most beautiful blossoms and scents. One day, while riding my bike home from work (oh yeah...I got a job at the elementary school every afternoon so I ride my bike to work with Nate and ride home with him. Thanks again April;) I rode down one street that was full of blossoming bushes, giving off the most delightfully fresh, spring smell.

April definitely got us all geared up and looking forward to summer.
I even pulled out our trusty "milk can" for some good ol' summer time cooking.
Um ummmm!

April also gave us lots of opportunities to visit with some of our cousins.
Vivian, Maddax and Savanna stopped by a time or two, and we even enjoyed some wings in Lethbridge with them. When they weren't visiting, my kids had a blast sending crazy dress up photos their way. They also got together with Jewel's family and enjoyed swimming and visiting the brand new candy store downtown. During one visit, they all came home with the grossest jelly bean game I've ever seen. It involved spinning to see which jelly bean you had to eat. It would then either be a delicious flavor or a horrid one. Some of the grossest flavors included: vomit, rotten egg, lawn clippings and stinky socks, and based on the kids reactions - the flavors must have been quite realistic. The kids sat for hours (with a communal barf bucket on hand) inflicting torture on themselves and each other.

Perhaps one of the sweetest things that April brought with it was the seasonal opening of our favorite burger joint - Dave's. It was a long boring winter without our beloved snack shack. We've already been there a few times and stood in line on opening day just for one of their tasty milkshakes! (Thanks for this April;)
During our week off of school, John was asked to build a fence for someone in town. He usually saves his fencing jobs for the summer, but John and I really want this summer to be reserved for our kids and family - so this was the week (for his one job this year!) It feels good saying that;)
The kids were delighted when John unloaded a pile of scrap wood for them to hammer, cut and build with. Sam made a handy little sign for the front of our house. Nate was determined to build a playhouse for 15 people, which thankfully I was able to halt the production of until a "later to be determined date."

Sam has started baseball and it didn't take John and I long to remember what it is we've signed up for. Baseball games go LONG folks! Twice a week now, Sam snarfs down dinner in a hurry and rushes out the door to be at the diamond by 5:30. His games begin at 6 and don't end until well after 8. He gets home and frantically chugs down another meal before going to bed. (This kid is eating a lot lately - just sayin'.) I shudder to think of how late he'll get home when he has an away game.

Still though, despite the time commitment, Sam seems to enjoy playing. He isn't an all star in any way (he was bummed this past week that he didn't even make it to a base once) but he cheers on his teammates and builds them up, which makes him so unbelievably awesome. (Just sayin';)
We've got only two more months until Summer, and what a summer it will be.
For now though, I'm content to just enjoy these last few days of this darling little month.
Thanks April!
No comments:
Post a Comment