Tuesday, July 18, 2017

End of June celebration

The end of June brought a lot of celebration, wrap up, and tears.  

One of the teachers at the Elementary School has been diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer.   It has been devastating to Jessica who Adores this woman with a capital A.  She's been a remarkable music teacher and everyone is very hopeful that she will be able to finish her treatments and be back some time in the fall.  Her doctors have told her that she has every reason to think that is possible.   I pray often that that will be the case because any woman who will wrap my daughter in her arms like this is a woman I need in my child's corner for life!   


Another special woman in my life is my Aunt Karen.   Ever since we moved to town 10 years ago (how can it already have been 10 years?!) this dear Aunt has looked after my kids.  As a grade 2 teacher, she had a front row seat to all that my kids were experiencing there.  She would make extra sure they each landed in her class when it was their grade 2 year; she always had a bucket of candy for them to draw from whenever they stopped by her room; she hugged them and loved them and encouraged them to dance as often as possible-even in class!  
She single handedly has made my kid's elementary school experience something truly special.   

She retired this year, just shy of getting Nate in her class, and we could not have felt more grateful for her years of influence.  We had all the kids surprise her with a 12 day countdown to retirement.  (A celebratory gift for her every day for her last 12 days of work.  Peanuts compared to what she has done for all of us.)
 Love love LOVE her!



Here is a fun celebration - 
On the last day of school John and I attended grad.  It was so fun to see these students finish off their High School Career.  Some of these youth are ones that I personally got to work with.  I was filled with pride to see them walk across that stage.   I couldn't help but imagine how proud I will feel to watch my own kids cross the stage.  Pretty exciting life moment here - 


- and the perfect start to a much anticipated summer vacation!!

No comments: