Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Take me out to the Ball Game

Sam has been asking (for weeks and weeks) to go to a real baseball game.  
Of course he is talking like a "Major League Blue Jays game" but who are we kidding?  
The best we could do for him was a Bulls Game at the Spitz Stadium a mere forty minutes away.   


It was plenty of fun to watch Baseball at this level.   What a fun sport it is!
I love the entertainment in between innings, the smell of hot dogs, and popcorn, the peanuts and the Spitz!  I think I could attend a baseball game every day and not get bored.  
(But I won't, because I can appreciate the importance of "everything in moderation";)

There happened to be a double header on this particular night, so we could have watched baseball clear on till midnight if we'd wanted to - but we left just around 9:30, shortly after the lights came on.  (That's another thing I love about Baseball - watching the game under the big lights!)


On the way out of town we passed by the airport and noticed that the annual Air Show was still going on.   We pulled over to the side of the road and watched for a bit.  Luckily, the bit we watched happened to include a Pyro show led by an F-18.   John was pretty much in Heaven.  


As interesting as the F-18 was, it didn't thrill me near as much as this field of Alfalfa that we happened to be standing in did.   


FYI - standing in a field of Alfalfa while the sun sinks below the horizon is a dreamy experience. 
The whole evening was pretty much Tops!

No comments: