Monday, June 11, 2018

38 turns around the sun

I'm pretty sure that I just experienced THE best birthday EVER!
(It was actually a couple of weeks back, but my mind is still basking in the sweet memory of it.)  

Some of the highlights of that day include:

* Waking up at 7:00 am to find that my sister Jewel had chalked my entire driveway and sidewalk.  (My heart aches to think of the skinned knuckles she must have acquired as a result.)

* Receiving a giant gift basket and plate of baking from a friend of mine whom I serve with and admire.  (Lori B)

* Students in both my Math and English classes sang Happy Birthday to me.


* John and the kids spoiled me and made me feel like a Queen all day long.  John even framed my beloved Eagle Feather!!!

*  Notes and Cards from my sisters, Sarah A and my Father in law Max.

*Supper that night provided by Jewel.  (My favorite Vietnamese salad, as if she hadn't been busy enough!)


* A bouquet of flowers from my dear next door neighbor

&

* Very kind and generous birthday wishes on Facebook (messages I felt very undeserving of!)


After work we all had different places to be.  
Baseball, Taekwondo...etc.  


Shortly after supper, Jessica and I were cuddling on the couch for a moment when Jewel called and told me that I HAD to get my camera and go for a drive.  There was a rainbow out and it would make for great shots at the temple.



Jessica came with me (she's like a loyal puppy when she hears the rattling of car keys) and we bolted out the door with cameras in hand.   It was the second time this month that I've had the chance to play with Jessica in the rain!


It was a lovely way to end an absolutely PERFECT day!!!!

No comments: