Sunday, August 1, 2021

Baseball Nights

Spring gave us some gorgeous evenings for baseball watching. 
After being shut in for weeks, it was nice to hear that the government was easing restrictions enough for us to be able to have outdoor sports. 

Jessica played softball for a month or two, and both of the boys played baseball. I sure LOVED sitting in the shade of a tree, catching up with people that I hadn't seen in a long time, and watching my kids play.


It was especially fun when the games became a family affair! (It's always a Hardy Party when Sam and Kale play against each other.)


There was one particular evening when Sam had a late-night practice, under the lights. 
I snuck up to the top of Redford Park to watch the tail end of things and I just sat there trying to soak it all in. The sunset, the lights, the crack of the ball echoing through the still night, the sound of banter that is so typical of teenage boys....

It was a real "Field of Dreams" kind of moment that I felt deeply grateful to get to experience.
 

No comments: