Friday, August 6, 2021

Morning Fishing Date

I mentioned in a previous entry that all of my kids have summer jobs this year. 
(Sam is at DQ, Abby is at Dave's Drive-In & the pool, Jess is at Dave's Drive-In, and Nate is mowing lawns.). It sucks!!! 

My kids love that they are earning their own money, and I guess that is a good thing, but how is a family supposed to enjoy quality time together when we so rarely get together?!  It's been a real struggle.

John and I have had to get used to doing a few things without them. 

Last week we got up early one morning to fish along Cameron Creek. We started at the top, near Cameron Lake, and basically pulled over at every pull out on the way down to the townsite. We would get out, fish the creek as far as we wanted, and then drive to the next stop. 


Some stops required that we be a little more adventurous getting to the fishing hole.



On this particular morning, we used rocks and locks to cross the river, climbed up and down steep walls, and even went wading a time or two, which I hadn't come quite prepared to do. John is a determined man when fishing. Apparently, if you aren't prepared to get wet, you have no business fishing with him. 






It was an absolutely gorgeous morning and I even caught a fish! 


I know John's fish looks more impressive, but would you believe me if I said I'd caught that one first, but let it go so John could have a crack at it?


 True story folks. That fish was mine before it ever found John's hook. 

No comments: