Saturday, December 15, 2007

Visit from the North Pole...

So Santa stopped in for a visit yesturday. Abigail was thrilled to go and see him, but the whole experience left me a little bewildered.

What is it about kids that makes them change their minds on you. Abby has had two things she has said she wants. 1) A horse with a feather on it. (sounds abstract...but I found one!) 2) A princess snow globe. (Abby LOVEs snowglobes). Not only has she wanted them but she has at times prayed for them, ... written to Santa asking for them, AND she's promised she'd be good forever if she got them... (you know how it is, you were like that once to:)

So here I am, having gotten her the two things she has consistently wanted more than anything else, and thinking I'm pretty darn amazing for doing so. I had high hopes of her being able to express her wish to Santa and then seeing on Christmas Day how "Santa" made that happen for her. That would have been fun. But she climbs up on Santa's knee and what does she ask for? ...A Rainbow Light. WHAT IS A RAINBOW LIGHT? Officially pulling my hair out here!! It's not looking like I'll make her wish come true this year. I'll have to wait until her ability to make decisions is a little more concrete, and she really knows what she wants:)


What was I thinking? A horse and a snowglobe! That was SOOO last week.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

That picture is adorable. I have yet to get my kids near Santa let alone get them to sit on his knee and whisper a wish to him. Abby is getting SOOO big! Good luck on the Rainbow Light thing...maybe a rainbow night light would work?

Anonymous said...

That is halarious Tanis!! Abby seriously makes me laugh!!!!

Nikki said...

Did she mean Rainbow Bright? lol...I'm in the same boat. Kia wants a photo from the North Pole. Ya. Great.

Laura Leavitt said...

what a great picture of Abby and santa.