Saturday, January 5, 2008

One Week in

It is hard to believe that we are already one week into the New Year. New years eve was a blast. My family all came down and we spent the evening at Jewel's house, eating...playing games... eating some more and just enjoying their company.

We had a feast of food and the kids all loved getting to actually "choose" for once what they put on their plate. Bacon wrapped sausages, sushi, chicken wings, fruit, veggies....we ate a tonne! My neice Ava introduced us to a game called TILES, that is a favorite with her family. It was such a great game and the perfect way to practice spelling with kids. Not that Ava needed the practice-she can hold her own when it comes to spelling!



Jessica has been climbing stairs for awhile so we decided to show her the art of climbing down the stairs...safely. She caught on fast and spent most of her time going up and down!


The next morning we all went to the local Junior High School to play in the gym. All the kids needed was a little bit of open space to have a good time.


I enjoyed running around a bit and brushing up on some very rusty basketball skills. I think I did pretty good...against some two year olds atleast:)




Since the New Years bash with my family, we have kept busy, still lucky to have John home with us all week long.



There have been a couple of messy faces this past week! Still though...they are both so darn cute!




One of the large trees lining our property cracked causing one part of our tree to hang dangerously. Sadly we had to remove that one large limb taking off half the tree. This wind down here can really do some damage at times!!



With the school break being two weeks long I took advantage of the fact that John was here to watch the kids. I borrowed the books Twilight and New Moon from my sister in-law. Who thought vampires and werewolves could make for such an interesting read? I think I neglected and ignored most things around the house this past week. It has been so long since I just sat to read...it was fantastic. The only problem is I haven't gotten to read the third book in this series and when I went to the library it was out. I'm number 29 on the waitlist. AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Does Bella marry the vampire, or go back to the werewolf? Wait...on second thought, don't tell me:)


John had several of his Brothers visit over the holidays and that was all he seemed to need. They played with their remote control airplane things...often, and tried several different daredevil stunts in the process. (but I won't go into that) One night though, they decided to attach some LED lights to the planes and fly them at dusk. John came back thrilled that it actually looked like a real plane in the sky! I hate to admit it-but it did look pretty cool.




Anyways that was our first week of the new year summed up! Oh wait, we also enjoyed visiting with John's grandparents in Stirling and also seeing some of our good friends from Sparwood. There now you have it. Fun week.

On Monday, John will head back to the school, Abby returns to pre-school, and normal life will resume. It was a great start to the NEW YEAR. We wish you all the best as well!!!!

3 comments:

Shauna said...

I was hoping you were going to say the books were terrible and not to waste my time. Now I need to find them and read them. Or maybe I could just focus on my own thrilling novel and you can sit down and read that some afternoon and neglect everything!

We LOVED seeing you guys! We need to do that more often. Paige talks about Abby all the time. She has a huge case of HERO WORSHIP!! Olivia even talks about Abby & Sam but mostly about playing pizza at your house! Rafe, well, he doesn't say much but we're pretty sure he has a crush on Jessica!

Love you guys...enjoy your last few hours with holiday John...

Dick Family said...

Wow, looks like a blast! Keira's at the stair stage too...except she refuses to be "taught" how to climb down the right way resulting in many falls. Gotta love those teacher holidays, That is one thing I miss!

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures Tanis. Will you come and take pictures of my kids. Maybe they'd look as cute as your kiddo's do with a better camera. Ha ha. Jokes. That picture of Abby posing was pretty sweet. And awesome pic. of the plane with an LED light. That's so fun. We're so glad we live so close to where they like to fly and we can just watch from our warm house vs. being out there shivering in the cold for an hour!!!!