Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Canada Day

I just LOVE Canada day! I always feel so blessed to live in Canada, I truly feel that there is nowhere better. We celebrate this afternoon by going to our local "Party in the Park." They had set up so fun Astro Jump play areas for the kids, had a small petting zoo, and of course we were able to pig out on the regular carnival type junk food. Seriously no matter how much I've eaten before hand, hotdogs at a fair suck me in big time! Lots of fun.


Believe me, we had cuter pics of animals then this one but I loved how I caught Abby checking out this pigs bum. She was fascinated with their tails. (I think she was surprised to see that they really are curly)!



I think these are two great shots of Jess. She was content throughout the evening to just watch all that was going on. As long as she was free to roam that is. She is such a sweet girl! We sat to watch a couple of performances. She really liked watching the Aboriginal dancing, and she would just clap and clap when all was finished.




And then ...there was Sam! This little stinker threw such a fit because we weren't letting him go on the BIGGEST astro jump of all. It was intended for older kids and consists of a steep/tall climb and then a rather steep slide down the other side. Finally John let him on with the intent to watch Sam climb up and then run to the other side and be ready to catch Sam as he slid down. Only problem is...Sam never came down. Blasted little monkey. He stayed perched on the middle secction of the slide. As teenagers went crashing down on either side he was content to sit there and enjoy the view.

I think he just enjoyed the fact that he was up there and John couldn't reach him. He can be a very wicked little thing at times:) We sure love him though.




And last but not least- the fireworks. I played around with our camera a bit and learned a thing or two about shutter speed. I spent hours the other night trying to photograph lightning during a storm. Atleast I figured things out in time to get some fireworks shots. Sam and Jess were snorin logs by the time the show began but Abby enjoyed it. She kept commenting often about how I'd "never taken her to see fireworks before- their amazing!"

She's lying. I've taken her to see them lots before:) But they were Amazing!


Now it is back to normal. Party is over. Atleast for me and the kids. John left this morning for our Stakes Moroni's Quest. John was asked to play the part of Moroni. He's pretty excited - but we'll definately be missing him here! Actually I wish he was here and I was THERE, I'm so jealous.

Hope you all had a great Canada Day!!!

1 comment:

shauna said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun! Now I wish we had gone...but things came up that needed to be taken care of. Have fun this week with John gone and getting ready for your trip. Your kids are so cute. We love all you guys! Oh yeah - I need to find out the names of those fudge samples you gave me...MAN ALIVE...that was GOOOOOOOD stuff!