You know when you are on holidays the last thing you want is to be notified of ...a problem, but I got a phone call today (down here in Reno) from my sister Jewel. I had recruited her, along with my Father in law Max, to both look after my garden and yard while we were away. I was really worried about weeds overtaking the garden, or things not being watered enough so I really tried to make sure that I'd prepared things well. Jewel had asked me if I wanted her to check in our house at all and I assured her that it would be fine left alone, that she only needed to worry about the garden. It's a little ironic that when Jewel called me today it was news about our actual home. I laugh now at how tentatively and cautiously she explained how there must have been some kind of break in a pipe or something in our Master bathroom and that things were a tad bit flooded in our house. They found out about this when max noticed water leaking FROM the inside of the house into the garage. AHHHH!!!! Luckily, Kendall, Max, Jeremy and Jordan went over and all helped to move out furniture and try to pump/ vacuum out lots of the water. It sounds as though there is no damage to the walls, but we are waiting to hear if the carpets and underlay have to go. Here is the saddest irony. The day before we left for our trip I spent the morning STEAM CLEANING our carpets so our house would be immaculate when we got back.
Well I suppose it hardly seems appropriate now to blog and tell my family about all the awesome fun things we've done the past couple days. I don't need to mention the great food, swimming, giant kids play zones, and other such activities. I probably shouldn't boast about the beautiful weather and the awesome time we are having with Aaron and Gina. Nope I definitely won't mention the fact that we leave for Cali in just a few days. I'll leave all that unsaid.
Well I guess to my amazing brother in laws, Max, and JEWEL and CRYSTAL- THANK YOU for dealing with that mess. We love you!
3 comments:
Wow! Just what you want to happen while you are on vacation. You have wonderful family to take care of that mess for you. Have fun in Cali! We are soooo jealous here!
Oh no...just what everyone wants to come home to! Thank goodness for family! Try to enjoy the rest of your trip!
Oh man! Did you ever see the commercial where the people come home and they can see water mid window in the living room...DUDE, that's you! ;) Thank heavens for wonderful house sitters!!!
Post a Comment