Well we are home! The kids have been traveling on and off for three days, but they’ve been great! We opted to take the scenic route home through the mountains instead of using the interstate. It was an absolutely breathtaking drive. We drove through places with names such as Devil’s Mountains, Heaven's Gate, and Hell's Canyon. Doesn't that sound like a scary place? It was gorgeous! At one point I metioned to John that “we can now officially say, we’ve been to Hell and back., and that it really wasn’t all that bad!” ☺ ..I was just kidding though.
What a trip this was for us! I know I probably bored half of you with all my accounts along the way, but even those could never really describe how much we really experienced. Until this trip I’d only been to the US a few times. In the last two and a half weeks, we’ve driven through and seen 6 states: Montana, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, California, and Oregon! We’ve seen the mountains, the desert, the ocean, and amazing farmland. Seriously, we were amazed at all the orchards we saw, and especially seeing cornfields way taller then JOHN! Everything we’ve seen has been beautiful and stunning in its own way.
More importantly than that, we’ve enjoyed seeing so much of our families home life. I remember a few months back we decided to drive down to Bozeman to see John’s sister and her family. I was so amazed at their lovely home and lifestyle and I remember thinking that I could get used to a place like that. I’ve since said the same thing to Gina, and again to Sarah H. I’m beginning to see a pattern here as I visit other family. Seeing how they live, and where they live and what they do has been so enjoyable for us. Each member of our family lives a life that is so charming in it’s own way, much like the geography in which they reside. I could have pictured John and I living in any one of those places and loving it!
That said, there were moments when my mind would wander off to a little mobile home located right in between both Glacier and Waterton. It has been happily sitting on its own for almost three weeks now. It doesn't seem as beautiful, or spacious, or impressive in any particular way…but it’s mine. As ordinary as it is - I’ve missed it.
I’m looking forward to working in my little garden again, to seeing my sisters and John’s more “local” siblings. I’m excited to see my friends, and to begin Abby and Sam’s swim lessons. I’ve got big plans for the rest of the summer. (Yes LUCE I’ve been thinking of my list) I want to go fishing, harvest my produce, hike to Iceberg Lake, see Bertha Falls, paint one more picture this summer, and enjoy the company of all our relatives that will be visiting..
Thanks to all the family we visited and also to all of our family that took care of our home while we were away. We are so lucky to have such awesome people in our lives.
Here is a slideshow of some of our favorite events over the last couple of weeks. Enjoy!

7 comments:
WOW Tanis, what a holiday! That's so awesome! Loved all the pictures, I loved Abby's face in the one's where she's meeting the disney princesses...how sweet!
Looks like you guys had an awesome holiday!! You did a great job blogging it and recording all the stuff you would never want to forget!
Looks like you guys had tons of fun! We are hoping to take our boys to Disney World in the fall. Can't wait!
Welcome back to Home Sweet Home. We can't wait to see you all in the next few weeks. I am glad you had such an enjoyable trip. It's sad that we don't live closer we could have really enjoyed a visit from you all as well.
Great to have you back Tan. Would have been nice to have been invited to the homecomming party... but still... glad your back.
- C
Welcome home! Sounds like a fantastic holiday!
I LOVE all the pictures. You all looked like you had so much fun. I want to go to Disneyland so bad.
Post a Comment