The leaves are starting to turn, and in another week or two the fall colors will be as vibrant as they'll get. Still today, it was pretty darn gorgeous. We've been hearing about all the wildlife that people are seeing there. The other day some friends of my sisters saw 11 bears! Today - we only saw 5, but that was on one road only.
I wish these photos were better. What we need is one of those huge giant lenses. There were dozens and dozens of wildlife photographers out today, and their cameras were so big they needed tripods just to hold up their lense! That would be sweet. There is something about seeing wildlife in it's natural environment. So regal. As we looked for bears we also saw a couple of bald eagles soaring above us.

We met up with Jordan and Luce for a wiener roast down by pass creek. The kids got nice and dirty, and we all got good and smoky, but the food was yummy!

If you like s'mores then you will LOVE this. It was Luci's idea, and I don't think I'll ever enjoy a s'more made any other way from this point on. What you need:
Marshmallows, graham crackers, and the secret ingredient Nutella Hazelnut spread. Roast the marshmallow to perfection.

Add it to the cracker with a very generous spread of that delicious chocolate, and sit back to enjoy!
Try it. I don't think you'll regret it!After we ate, John and Jordan went to the Prince of Wales Hotel to fly there planes over the cliff there. It was actually really cool to watch it fly BELOW us at times. The backdrop of course was stunning! As much as I enjoy watching those planes, I convinced Luce to come with the kids and I to go find the ELK! This time of year they are all congregating in the lower fields. Jewel was telling me how last year, they saw hundreds of them!
On the way we spotted this wolf, just off the side of the road. okay Okay I realize it may have been just a coyote, but I still maintain that it was a wolf. It looked right at me with it's Wolf Eyes!
All who think it is a Wolf, say "AYE". Anyone who thinks it is a coyote...well just keep your opinion to yourself okay? ha Just kidding. This was the funnest part of the evening. All we had to do was follow the other cars. We were all headed in the same direction. For the longest time we sat and watched these amazing creatures. The picture doesn't show it well, but we actually could see them so well. The bulls were so impressive with giant antlers! Occasionally two bulls would fight a little and we could hear the cracking as they banged their racks together. Constantly we could hear the bellowing and bugling as they communicated together. Again I was wishing for a great camera.
It was amazing. Today was awesome. Nature at it's finest, and I'm glad we got to enjoy it a bit! Thanks for the heads up Jewel!
9 comments:
Ahhhh! Now I want to go to Waterton! I worked there through September years ago and I have to agree...there is no where in the world quite like Waterton in September. I wonder if Olivia would like to skip school on Monday?? ;o)
Nutella Smores are DELISH! I have to agree with that one...
This is totally random, but I love your family picture. You guys all look so cute and I love the frame idea!
I'm SO jealous you live so close to waterton! I love that place. I'm also a big fan of nutella... I've never thought of using it in smor'es! thanks for sharing that idea:)
Wow, you actually got a picture of a bear standing. I say that's worth at least a hundred photos of the usual non-standing bears. I definitely know what you mean about wishing for a big zoom lense at times like that.
Those smores do look great. Way to get the marshmallow the exact same color as the graham cracker too.
I'll agree that's a wolf, but if I had to bet my life I'd have to go with coyote I'm afraid.
Great shots Tanis. Glad you got to see some bears! Did Sam happen to have his bow and arrow handy just in case those bears came a little too close? I'm sure your kids LOVED it!
So beautiful! I love fall, my most favorite time of year and I am LOVING this fall, it's been just beautiful! I'm totally going to try the Nutellat thing, thanks!
It looks so nice there. I love fall and wish it was longer. Those smores look amazing.
p.s that is a ton of bears. Do you think it is safe to camp there?
Post a Comment