Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What a day for the little guy!

Doesn't this look like a first day of school type photo? Well for Sam, today was a first day.

A few months ago Sam was assessed by some language therapists, and the results came back indicating some delays in certain areas of his language development. Nothing major but you know, I've managed to apply some good old self inflicted guilt about this. I've often wondered what I could have done to help him more. (no doubt it was those 9 months when I was pregnant and did nothing but let him watch TV!) Shouldn't of done that! Well he did great at his first speech class, and he has improved tremendously over the past couple of months even, so they were all really surprised. The diego back pack was a nice touch - I needed him to feel like he was a big boy going to school!!! It worked like a charm, and he was so proud to be just like Abby going to a REAL school!!


I was digging some carrots today when the phone rang. It was my sister on the phone, which is great because I can't seem to go a day without talking to one of my sisters. After several minutes I remembered the job I'd started outside. I went out to find the kids, and instead this is what I found. ...

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*






When Sam saw me, he looked up from his "work" , (if I can call it that), and said in his broken (but soon to approve) english: "see a Happy Face Van!"

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Haha!! Sam is so cute and creative :)
Glad to hear that things are going well for him with the speech therapist.

Anonymous said...

Tanis, so so funny! However, if those were my carrots and my van, I don't think I would be laughing as hard as I am right now. Thank you Sam for brightening my day!

Lahni said...

Ha ha ha! That is hilarious. About the speech delays, I think it's a lot more common than we realize. I know several people with children who attend speech therapy including one of mine! Don't beat yourself up about it! Just be grateful that he is able to get some help.

Dick Family said...

Oh man!!! Ha ha! That's So cute! Your kids sound like quite the characters!

shauna said...

Oh my! That was good for at least a minute long chuckle! Happy Face Van! I love what the kids come up with. Thanks for sharing...

Jordan and Luci said...

I'm lovin' it...they are so funny!