Instead I've downed a plate of leftovers, had a slice of apple pie AND cleaned off some doritos, which are the grossest things ever!
Nope- it's not cutting it. How! How did this happen! I can't help but ask myself why we never added chocolate to our food storage. Did we not foresee that need?
I'm going to bed. I'll probably dream of this:

Chocolate Covered Popcorn Recipe
12 cup popped popcorn (air popped works great)
1/4 cup butter
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup corn syrup
Spray a large roasting pan with cooking spray. Pop the popcorn and place it in the pan.
Combine butter, chocolate chips and corn syrup in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it boils.
Pour mixture over popcorn and stir through to coat. Bake at 300 degrees F for 45 minutes stirring frequently. Cool completely. Break into pieces and store in airtight container.
For an added dimension, add a cup or two of your favorite nuts.
No Bake Chocolate Popcorn
6 cups popped popcorn
2 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 1/2 tablespoonn milk
Dash of salt
Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and place the popped corn in it.
Melt margarine in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in corn syrup, cocoa, milk and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Pour mixture over popcorn and stir well to coat. Allow popcorn to cool before serving.
8 comments:
Sorry to hear about your chocolate shortage Tanis. I guess that's one area in which I am lucky. I never have trick or treaters so I always have halloween chocolate left over well into January.
Poor Tanis - I feel your pain. I'll send you the recipe for the 5 minute chocolate cake if you want so you are never without. I haven't tried it myself yet but I heard it is good with ice cream.
http://blog.vault9.net/food/chocolate-cake-in-5-minutes/recipe/chocolate-cake-in-5-minutes/
ha ha Tan, I have all your grinch immitations running through my head now. You and John have him down pat and are way more entertaining then Jim Carrey.
S
I feel your pain :) not having chocolate when you want it is horrible!!! Better stock up!
Tanis, thanks for those recipes. I can't wait to try them! I still love your invention of buttered popcorn with M&M's! I would never have thought it was possible, but it is the best combination! I just have to stand up for Doritos for a minute. We just polished off a bag of jalapeno cheddar ones and I have to say they were pretty good!
- H
Haha Tanis...I guess we all know what will be in your 72 hour "emergency" kit now!! But I sympathize with how a craving can drive you nuts and you are not happy until it is satisfied.
Too funny Tanis! Your posts always brighten my day. The recipes sound delicious. What in the world is Callebaut?
you are hilarious. I love it. I will try those recipes for sure. Chantel said to me the other night..."Why do you and Dad always eat treat after the kids go to bed.?" I am so busted.
Post a Comment