As soon as I got to Abby's room I realized I'd made a big mistake. Abby's teacher was patiently eating her lunch at her desk, ALL the kids were gone, EXCEPT for my little neglected child. There was Abby with her coat on, backpack strapped over her back sitting at the table watching a movie with her head in her hands. IT WAS FRIDAY!! SHORT DAY!! Abby had been finished since 10:30! The teacher had been trying to reach me at home, but she would not have been able to as I'd been wandering aimlessly through the halls the entire time! Seriously? Sorry Teacher. Sorry Abby. Sorry World that I'm an idiot sometimes ok!!!
I hate apologizing to a 5 year old. Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to do it, and I do it often, but Abby seems to enjoy my little blunders a little too much. I've got a feeling, she won't let me forget this any time soon.
On a better note, my sister in law came over this week with some great footage and photos they've accumulated of our family. It was so much fun to see some video of Abby when she was little with her Grandma hardy and many of her cousins. I will be posting some of those some time for sure! This particular video though brought a smile to my face and relief to my heart this week ...given my mess up on Friday you might appreciate why.
I watch it often :))
3 comments:
That is my worst nightmare. If I EVER forgot Olivia either at school or the bus stop - we would be done. There would be no more school for her. We have a hard enough time as it is getting her to go with all her fears of being left there. Pray that I never do that...
Hopefully Abby won't hold it over you for too long! Although I imagine sometime in the future when you really want to impress someone, Abby will start a story with "Remember that time I was in kindergarten and you TOTALLY FORGOT ME??"
Oh man! As sucky as that is...I'm sure that every mother has done that at least once. But the good thing about 5 year olds is that even though she'll remember it, she's already forgiven you! Great job schooling John! It always feels nice to be good at something for a short time especially if it's your hubby's "thing"! And what makes it better is that it was caught on video (to ensure YEARS of tooting your horn)!!!!!!
Nice Tanis. What a fun clip to watch. I bet it was fun seeing Abby so little. Can't wait for more clips.
Post a Comment