Monday, November 17, 2008

Tagged

5 years ago...

  • Abby was eight months old and an only child, so life was so simple.  Though I may not have thought that at the time.
  • We were managing an apartment building in downtown Edmonton.  The Susan Manor.  We were probably busy phoning the police, or dealing with a mouse issue at this very moment five years ago...ahh the good ol' days.  
  • Hired our first babysitter.  She burnt the pizza I'd set out for her and the fire department came.  We had to come home early to turn off the alarm
  • We purchased our first car together.  A Toyota Corolla with only 7 km on it.  That was fun!
  • John and I went on our first real trip together.  All the way to Salt Lake for two family Weddings.  




5 Things on my list for today

  •  Go visiting Teaching, 
  • Make Thai Peanut Stir-fry 
  • Work on the photo book I've been meaning to send off
  • Wash my windows using the new NORWEX cleaning clothes Crystal sent me.  Hello everyone!- it's chemical free cleaning.  Good for the environment and I hear it works great!  Check out her blog!
  •  Find a Santa Claus for the kindergarten party (getting a bit desperate.  At this point now-anyone will do)  ....Anybody? ...Anyone?




5 snacks I enjoy

  • Crackers dipped in cream cheese 
  • chocolate 
  • pistachios 
  • big salads
  • leftovers (there's nothing better then a plate of leftovers before bed)






5 places I've lived - 

  • Claresholm 
  • Edmonton 
  • Calgary 
  • Cardston 
  • On a sailboat, on the ocean, just off of Mandarti Island.   Albeit for a week- but for that week...It was home ok!:)


5 jobs I have had

  • nanny
  •  Cashier at a Garden Market IGA
  •  Sales Clerk at the Tall Girl Shop in West Edmonton Mall
  •  Early Childhood Caregiver... and currently
  •  Motherhood AKA Domestic Engineer...(MOM).  


5 things I would do if I was a millionaire

  • Make John take me on a cruise (all practical thought could be thrown out the window:)
  •  Start shopping and cooking %100 organically
  •  Adopt a baby from another country
  •  Buy an old style farmhouse on a little bit of land and own two horses and 1 dog. (A German Shepherd if you care to know)
  •  Donate some of it
  •  put some away for each of my kids for down the road 
  • eat out at my new favorite local restaurant oh ...i don't know every week
  •  travel to all the amazing places in the world that I never will go to
  • Hire in in house chef who would make breakfast every morning.  I'd handle the rest of the meals- just breakfast.
  • Buy a piano 
  • Attend any symphony or concert that we wanted to
  • Own a vehicle that ISN'T a DODGE!
  • Hire a personal family physician who would be on call 24/7 to handle any of my families medical needs

  • ....What's that?  ...only 5?....oh right...sorry.


    5 people I tag


    *Luci, Crystal, Gina, Leslie (if you read this), & anybody else who wants to

    4 comments:

    Laura Leavitt said...

    I remember when you guys bought your Corolla. I can't beleive it has been five years. Fun list to read. I love left overs too.

    Anonymous said...

    Fun post. I remember that babysitter story now. Poor girl hey. Can you imagine going home and telling your mom what happened while you were babysitting! I miss that appartment of yours!

    Dick Family said...

    Cute! Oh the good ol days...back in the apartment manager days...ha ha! I too would hire a cook...but I have to say it would be for all the meals, unless I felt like cooking (which could be often), I'd just want the option of not having to!

    Laura Leavitt said...

    I LOVE your family pic