Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween


We were in a hurry to carve pumpkins one evening. After looking at these all completed I couldn't help but think some patience would have been wise. The poor things look absolutely hideous! Despite that, the kids enjoyed it, and they happen to be pumpkins that we grew ourselves this year!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------


Now as for the costumes...








We really didn't go all out this year in planning, and to tell you the truth it came down to the wire wether or not Sam was going to wear his costume at all. He kept telling me, "Later." Later he'd wear it. I don't know what he was waiting for. Abby was a cowgirl as she'd wanted to be for some time now. I think that goes a long with her desire to have a real live pony one day. Just another subtle hint perhaps. Jess enjoyed being a half-dressed witch but we did manage to get her to wear some bunny ears and a cute cotton tail instead. What this picture doesn't show however is that as soon as we got to Aunt Jewel's house, the costume came off and she came upstairs wearing her cousins swimsuit instead. These days that is her outfit of choice:) John was a Rocker, complete with full arm tattoos. That made me laugh as it is so the opposite of his real life personality - but I guess that is what makes Halloween so great.

So we had a little bit of everything this year, most of all we had a GREAT time!

5 comments:

shauna said...

But where's your picture Tanis??

I'm super impressed that you were able to carve your own pumpkins.

Laura Leavitt said...

so cute.Dallin was hafl dressed up at one party and was in his diaper for most of it. I love SAms costume.

Crystal said...

Great costumes. I bet your kids totally cashed in at halloween...who could resist such cuties.

Joanna said...

Awww... your kids look SO cute!

Melissa said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. Love the costumes.