Monday, August 22, 2011

Motivational Monday - Perspective




I took this picture a couple of years ago.  It's only about a 5 minute drive from my house and it's one of my favorites. It shows perfectly the exact view and image of Chief mountain that has become so very familiar to me.


The same year that I took the photo above, I joined my family on a vacation down to Kalispell.   Prior to that time I had not been to the states very many times and  I was surprised to really notice Chief mountain from a different angle.


Do you see that tall narrow peak?

It's still the same mountain.

Yet it's not the same mountain I had always thought it was.

What makes the difference is simply - where you are standing.

___________


I think there is a life lesson in that thought,  and even now, I sometimes look at Chief and let it remind me how different "things" can seem depending on where I am at.  

 And  at this moment- I'm grateful to be standing where I am.


****************

"One of the great blessings the gospel gives us is the lens through which we can see with proportion. Special perspective comes from the marvelous and overarching principles of the gospel." -Elder Maxwell

1 comment:

cindy said...

I love this Tanis! I grew up about five minutes cross country from Chief Mtn. and can remember the first time I saw it from the side, I couldn't believe it was the same mountain! I love the way you related it to looking at things from a different perspective, it really can change everything.