Well it's that time of the year!
Time for the obligatory "Back to School" post, seeing as today was the first day of school.
I have a love/hate sort of attitude when it comes to the first day of school.
I love it because it marks the beginning of schedule and routine; earlier bedtimes, and less mess throughout the house.
I hate it though because it marks the beginning of endless bag lunches, entryways full of coats, shoes and backpacks, and most of all I hate it because it means John is gone again for another 10 months.
(I know I know- nobody cares about my sob story;)
But really- it is hard, after having him around all day every day, to suddenly have him around only after he is finished teaching. And coaching. And marking. And prepping. And ....
(Do you hear that sound? It's me playing my sad sad song.)
John on the other hand was as giddy as the kids this morning and it was all I could do to get him to hold still long enough to snap this photo of him.
One click, and he was gone.
(The nerve!)
Sam had a bit of anxiety this morning about "all day" school, and his mind was a little caught up in the typical worries that plague a 1st grader.
"What if it rained during recess?" and why do his "socks feel so bunchy in his runners?"
You know-those kinds of worries;)
Luckily all of his concerns melted away when he met his Teacher and entered his classroom which is commonly known as "The Monkey Class."
One look at his very own desk, full of his very own school supplies, and he was in Heaven. In fact, he and could barely give me the time of day to even let me snap a photo!
(The nerve!!!)
Abby had no anxieties at all and happily walked into Mrs. Hall's classroom without looking back. In fact I wanted to snap a photo of her but got the whole "don't Mom, you're embarrassing me" vibe, so I was forced to back off.
Seriously? Can you not even take a break from your oh-so-cool grade 3 life to let me snap ONE photo?!!!
(The nerve!!!!)
{insert the photo I wish I had HERE}
After Abby and Sam were dropped off, Jess, Nate and I returned to the van ready to paint the town red and celebrate our own "first day" of the school year.
Jessica was a little bit disappointed about the fact that she wouldn't be going to pre-school so I took her to the dollar store and let her pick out any toy she wanted.
And nothing cheers up a 4 year old girl like her own purse FULL of make-up!
The remainder of her day was spent applying make up and then washing it off.
Then re-applying it, and washing it off.
Even Nate was included in the fun;)
John wasn't too happy about coming home and finding make-up on his little boy.
But I figure that if he has the nerve to go and start "working" again then he can't blame me for what happens while he's gone now can he?

No comments:
Post a Comment