Monday, August 1, 2011

Our front yard in July- An old folks home perhaps?

I posted a collage much like this in June showing what our front yard looked like then and figured I should do the same now.    It's fun to see the changes as some plants begin to bloom and flourish.    
My favorite plants this month have been the lilies and the bee balm.    
I also love how much the clematis has grown since last year.    You can't see it but on the left John built a 4 lattice frame for yet another vine - a Virginia creeper-which I know I am going to really enjoy.   
 That's FOUR plants climbing up the front of our house now!!!

I've been a little self conscious lately that our home officially looks like a couple of old people live here,  with such a scattered arrangement and assortment of things growing.     

Luckily, we usually have a plethora of bikes, balloons, dolls, balls and kids clothes scattering the lawn to indicate otherwise;)  

3 comments:

shauna said...

I love all the flowers! Just think how awesome your yard will be when you do hit the senior years! So many years of practice...

Dick Family said...

haha - whatever! Your house looks AWESOME! You two have done so much work and it so has paid off! I love it!

Matt and Amie said...

Your yard looks amazing! It really looks so beautiful! And Im sure all the kids clothes and toys only add to it! :)