Weeks ago, I had stopped by my sister's house for a moment to drop something off. She had me try a bowl of delicious soup that her husband (Kendall) had just made their family for lunch.
It was AWESOME!!!
Last week Jewel gave me a container of this 9 bean mix and I made the soup the very next day!
I followed the recipe on the side of the container, only I took Kendal and Jewel's advice and added salt, pepper and sugar as well.
John LOVED it. Max (my father in law;) liked it. And the kids tolerated it.
(for my kids to tolerate a 9 bean soup- believe me- that's saying a LOT!)
I served it with some cheese bread, but I think a fresh slice of homemade multigrain bread would have been the best! I'm definitely going to learn how to make bread this year. Just wait and see!
Anyways, I'm planning on grabbing half a dozen more containers of this as it is pretty cheap and would be great for food storage. In the meantime I'm sure this warm and tasty soup will grace our kitchen table a few more times before winter is through.
If you want the full recipe feel free to check it out on our new family RECIPE blog:
I know. Such an original title;) It's filling up though with some of our favorite recipes.
Be sure to try Luci's Magical (browned butter) Brownies. They are amazing!
Oh, and thoseGrilled Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas are next on my list of things to try;)
2 comments:
That does sound good! Where did you buy the soup mix? I will check out your new blog - I love a good food blog.
Post a Comment