I was recently reading a talk by Elder Wirthlin entitled, "The Abundant Life" and it has inspired deep within me a desire to create, as he states, "a masterpiece of my own life."
I think to often I fail to see my life as that. As a "Masterpiece" in the making.
That's probably because I am usually too busy noticing all that I do not have, or can not be, not to mention the time I spend fretting (yes fretting;) about what others think of me.
With all that to worry about, who would have time to think about something like potential? ;)
However, as soon as I stop to think about all that I CAN do as well as all that I DO HAVE, I realize that I am already living the abundant life.
My Abundant Life.
The trick is- to see it as that.
So my word for 2012 is:
ABUNDANCE
1. an extremely plentiful or over sufficient quantity or supply
2. overflowing fullness: abundance of the heart.
3. affluence; wealth; the enjoyment of abundance
I think to often I fail to see my life as that. As a "Masterpiece" in the making.
That's probably because I am usually too busy noticing all that I do not have, or can not be, not to mention the time I spend fretting (yes fretting;) about what others think of me.
With all that to worry about, who would have time to think about something like potential? ;)
However, as soon as I stop to think about all that I CAN do as well as all that I DO HAVE, I realize that I am already living the abundant life.
My Abundant Life.
The trick is- to see it as that.
So my word for 2012 is:
ABUNDANCE
1. an extremely plentiful or over sufficient quantity or supply
2. overflowing fullness: abundance of the heart.
3. affluence; wealth; the enjoyment of abundance
I realize that this isn't a very pretty word all on it's own, but I love the definition. It is a definition that makes me think of all the GOOD in my life, as well as the good I still want to achieve.
In essence, my plan for 2012 is to more often see
"the abundance" that is my life.
"the abundance" that is my life.
And not only exist in it- but add to it!!!
Because, after all, life is meant to be ABUNDANT!
2 comments:
Great theme Tan! And I have JUST the book for you! I'll bring it over! You're gonna love it! Emily Freeman wrote it and it's called... "The Promise of Enough, Seven Principles of true ABUNDANCE". I love your words you choose each year!
....and you'll like this months Ensign message!
Post a Comment