Sunday, January 22, 2012

Because my kid is like, so super spiritual;)

Yup.  That's right, this is just my two year old enjoying his scripture study on a typical Tuesday morning;)
Meh.  Nothing new.  

Oh, and for the record, (despite the same woody pajama's this boy is sporting) this is a photo of his THURSDAY morning scripture study.    I'm starting to think he joined some type of 30 day challenge without me knowing it.  It's getting weird.
Awesome.   But weird.


Oh and I've got to record this story of Jessica, which perfectly illustrates a child's perception of time.    
(Because I've always found a child's perception of time to be particularly entertaining;)

The other day I stopped at my sister Jewel's house to drop off a few things.  Not wanting this to become a 1 hour stay (including tantrums when it's time to leave) - I left my kids in the van and told them that I would be back in just 2 seconds.  What?  It was warm out, the van was not running, and they had an entire bag of cheesy to scatter around the van.  I knew they'd be just fine;)

Anyways,  I chatted with Jewel for only a brief moment and then visited with my niece Ava only long enough to hear that she wants a puppy.  (nothing new there;)     Oh, and I perhaps sampled a bowl of delicious soup that they had just made for lunch.      I admit, I possibly took a wee bit longer then the 2 seconds that I'd originally promised, but I'm still sure that I only made my kids wait for a few minutes.  
  (...maybe 5)  Tops!

Well, when I returned to the van, Jessica pointed her finger at me and said emphatically and impatiently, "Mom!   You said that it would only take one HOUR and instead you took 5 MILLION!!!"

Man, I just hate it when I take 5 million hours doing something;)

2 comments:

Jewel said...

That boy melts my heart! Seriously!! And you didn't even mention how super reverent he is during prayers. Hmmmm..... I see a marvellous missionary in the making!!!!!!

Dick Family said...

HAHA! Jessica sounds like my little Saucy 5 year old!!!

You've got to embrace that scripture reading while 'Nate is this age, that's awesome!