Today is the 14th day of the 3rd month.
The good old 3.14, which to John is a pretty noteworthy day.
Now this guy has been known to forget "certain special anniversaries" (tsk tsk) - but forget Pi day?
Oh, no siree, that would never happen!
So, every year, John follows in the footsteps of his former physics teacher/mentor by bringing Pies to school for all his class. Therefore, last night after the kids were fed, I set to work. By 10:00 pm I had finished making coconut cream tarts, lemon tarts, pumpkin pie, and apple crumble pie.
Really, I don't even like making pies. In fact, on my scale of "favorite things to do" - I'd put baking pies right next to going to the dentist, or shoe shopping with my kids. Not necessarily fun at all, but definitely a yearly necessity.
On the bright side though, John always gives me the best most biggest hugs after I've finished baking, and says all kinds of sweet things about how "he doesn't know what he'd ever do without me."
And that there folks, is enough to make it all totally worth it!
What can I say? I like to feel indispensable;)
HAPPY Pi Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment