Wednesday, May 23, 2012

You were right, I was wrong.

I've been making fun of John now for about twenty-hundred days.   I don't know when it started, but at some point he took an interest in thoe "Minimalist Shoes."  You know, those shoes that cost a virtual arm and a leg, that have precious little to them.  Those ones.   
At first he started running in them.   
Then he started working in them.
Now he even goes to church in them!

He's gone and become a shoe snob, that's what he's done.  In his opinion, if his shoe can not be rolled up into a tiny ball in the palm of his hand, it is not even worth owning.   

He's tried and tried to get me to by into it (or BUY into it:) and I have flat out refused.   For starters- barefoot shoes are ugly.    Secondly, ...well does any other reason matter?

Actually, in truth, I have been completely certain that what these poor arthritic feet of mine need are shoes with support, and lots and lots of cushion.   

Well, John went and bought me my first pair of minimalist shoes this past month and I have to say- 
...I really rather like em.

I like them so much that they are all I wear now!
For the first time in two years, my feet don't hurt throughout the day.
  I feel like skipping and jumping and running everywhere I go.  

But don't worry.  I won't;)
Man, I hate it when he is right!

4 comments:

shauna said...

Way to go John! I knew you would LOVE them Tanis! I can't wait to show you the cute yellow maryjanes I am getting for the summer months...

Tanis, said...

Haha! I'm excited to see those, and I'm not ashamed to admit it;)

PS: I still think John is a geek though. He must have read this post because he added the link at the bottom of it. Tricky guy;)

Patricia Beazer said...

YAHOOOOOOO!!!!! SO TRUE - you too will soon be a shoe snob! Yes, it is the only things I wear - ugly or not. . . . I have not figured out how to wear them to church yet tho - dang it.

shauna said...

Patricia...there are some somewhat cute black maryjanes from vivo that you might be able to get away with for church. I found some Merrell sandals online on Amazon but my feet are too thick to wear them comfortably. I might have to get a pair of men's sandals.