Sunday, June 24, 2012

One last hurrah before school ends...

I think I am the only person I know who was slightly dreading the last day of school.  Don't get me wrong, there are LOTS of things that I'll enjoy about summer holidays.   (Less schedule; no making bag lunches every day;  no entryway full of coats, shoes and backpacks....)  
 I will however miss the quiet.

I will really miss the quiet;)

So on Thursday, when I woke up to a beautiful sunny day, I took it as a sign.   A God given gift, if you will, just for little ol' me.  One last chance to enjoy a calm and peaceful day before the madness officially begins;)

Where did I  choose to go?

Waterton of Course!


Of course I still had Nate and Jessica with me and so I was determined to make it extra fun for them too.    So we spent the day: 
*Walking along Red Rock Road
* playing by Jessica's Waterfall (she has claimed it as her very own;)
*Eating hot dogs and the obligatory sweet potato fries (can't go now with out getting those;)
*stopping by the stables to visit our favorite horses
*playing on the playground
 *and as an extra special treat- enjoying our favorite candy from our favorite candy store!


It was an absolutely PERFECT day.  There was not a bit of wind, which is rare for Waterton, and the sun shone down on us the whole time!  Oh yeah, and we also happened to get there right smack dab in the middle of the annual Wildflower festival, and they don't call it that for nothing!   We chose to walk along Red Rock road many times so that we could enjoy all the beautiful wild flowers that were growing along the side of the road.   

Bee-eee-autiful!!!!



By mid afternoon though, we knew we had to get home to meet Sam and Abby after school.  (Good bye school schedule.   I won't miss you!:)   As we reached the exit of the park Jessica burst into tears and proclaimed, "This is the WORST day EVER!"    

Somewhat surprised I asked her how it could possibly have been the worst day ever when we'd all had so.much.fun?  

Her response:  "Well...it was the best day ever, until we had to leave.  Now it is the worst day ever." 

Yup.   I totally see her logic there.   

1 comment:

Patricia Beazer said...

You are not the only one that feels this way! The best day and the worst day - - - I get it!