There were a few things on my to do list for this summer, and for the most part, most of those things we were able to do. What a busy summer it has been! In the past 8 weeks we have:
* Participated in Moroni's Quest
* Had a surgery
* Spent a week in Coeur D'Alene
* Had family up here for a week
* Survived one doozie of a hailstorm
* Built a few fences
* Did some minor excavation in our backyard
* Spent four days at a resort in Montana (and subsequently fell in absolute LOVE with Montana)
* Went to Big Sky with my family
* ate wraps and fries at Dave's about 142 times
* Hiked Bears Hump
* Hiked to Bertha Falls
* Took Swim lessons for two weeks (all kids passed!!!)
* Stayed in Waterton for two nights
* and watched a LOT of movies until way WAY too late at night;)
I'm a little bit tired, and definitely ready for routine, yet somehow still kinda sad that it is all coming to an end. The past few days have been anxious ones as I prepare for the fall. The kids are ready to go back to school, there is no question about that, and sometimes I would even say that I am ready for them TO GO back;) In truth though, I'll miss having them all around, and I'll definitely miss having John around.
I finding myself wanting to drag my feet a little more and beg for it all to slow down. Can't we just have a couple of more weeks of summer before it all begins?
To say good bye to our lazy summer days, we spent Monday out at Walley's Beach. It was the last place on our "Summer To Do" list to get to, so at least we can say now that we did it all!
It was a gorgeous afternoon! The kids spent a good hour just swimming in the lake catching weird bugs and minnows.
And who needs a motorboat when you can just tie a tube to Daddy and make him run fast! It doesn't take much to make my kiddos happy- that's for sure!
After they grew tired of the water, they moved on to the sand and they each began building a sand castle of their very own! John takes is sand play very VERY seriously;) Oh and as always, when I said "Everybody look at me" so I could take a picture...
John and Nate looked (see above photo) and Sam gave his token response:
Here is Abby's creation: (It's a German Shepard)
Jessica's Creation: Mystical Mountain
And Sam's work of art: Bowser!
As we packed up our toys and chairs and headed home, I took a sentimental glance back and couldn't help but wish we could stay right here and pretend that school wasn't about to begin at all.
Here's to an amazing couple of months!
No comments:
Post a Comment