Monday, August 20, 2012

Two Amazingly fun Days with my Favorite People ever!

This past Thursday, we checked out of the Meadow Lake Resort, and drove the few minutes to BIG SKY where we would be meeting up with ALL of my siblings!   
John and I had been planning to take the kids to the water slides all summer long, and somehow we managed to get the rest of my family to agree to come too:)  

For most of the day- the kids formed their own little groups and went wherever they wanted, stopping in often to touch base with the parents, or have a quick snack before setting out again.   I personally LOVED just floating around on a tube!  Geronimo was a bit too crazy for me - which makes me think that I must be getting old or something, but at least I can say I did it;)   Sam, Abby and Jess were MIA most of the day, and it was all I could do to keep tabs on where they were.   And Nate?  Well- he was content to just dig in the sand beneath the Volleyball Nets.   I'm not sure if that boy got fully wet once!
Still though- he continually asks to go back to Big Sky - so he must have still had fun?


 I'm so glad that my family all came, even though some of them had already done the whole water slide thing this summer,  but John and I both agreed afterwards that our kids would not have had near has much fun without all of their cousins.    It was a fun day, with lots of visiting.    

Lucky for us though- after Big Sky- things just kept getting better.    Chad and Crystal and their families came back home with all of us and stayed at Jewel's house for two more nights!

On Friday we loaded up the kids and drove out to Waterton to hike Bears Hump.  I'll admit, I wasn't quite feeling the love as we tried to make that climb.   If I thought going down Geronimo was tough, it was nothing compared to going UP Bears Hump!  I wouldn't say I'm out of shape or anything, but I do think I might be getting old;)  

Despite how tired the kids (ahem...and I) all seemed, we all felt energized as we reached the top.  The kids instantly set out to play with the chipmunks, and I hunkered down on a rock to catch my breath and keep from passing out.   (kidding;)    Despite Sam's earlier insistence that he was just.too.tired. to do anything - he seemed to muster up enough strength to try and catch one of the giant over fed chipmunks that live up there.    Before heading back down, we made sure to take lots of pictures because John and Kendall both really love it when we take lots of pictures:)   



Despite my initial hesitancy at the thought of dragging our little kids up that mountain, Jewel assured us all  that we would all be so glad once we all got to the top, and she was right.   
I'll never get tired of seeing that amazing view, and I loved having the whole family together!!

As soon as we'd gotten back down to the town site and had lunch, it was time to make good on the promise we'd made to the kids.    What better reward for a good hike then a stop at the Splash Park to cool down.  

Apparently it wasn't just the kids who needed to cool down, because we hadn't even been there for 10 minutes before Jewel and Chad started the biggest water fight ever!  I'm not sure if anybody made it out of that without getting soaking wet - but it sure was fun! ;)

Uncle Chad treated the cousins to ice cream at Big Scoop, which was an extra special treat for my kiddos, as we don't stop here near as often as they all would like!

We came home from Waterton and had a quick BBQ before making plans for our evening out door Movie Theatre!    Jewel and Kendall really pulled out all the stops to make this a fun thing for everyone!

While the Moms all worked to make yummy movie munchies like licorice, chocolate bars, caramel popcorn, butter popcorn and lemonade - the Dad's set to work outside setting up the theatre!  They moved out couches, set up beds for the little kids to lay on, and hung a giant white sheet for a screen.

As soon as it was dark enough to begin, the kids were able to file through and order the treats of their choice!


And then the movie began!   Kendall and Jewel purchased the Lorax and my family was so excited because that's one we had seen yet.    It was awesome!   

Several times during the movie, Nate who was all bundled up in blankets and a hoody, would look up at the sky and notice ALL the stars!  He was so excited to be able to see them!  
 It was such a fun evening and a perfect way to end a fun day together.   I couldn't help but wish that my parents could have been with us, because this is exactly the kind of thing I know my Dad would have enjoyed!



It can sometimes be a challenge for us to coordinate our schedules and get together, but every time we do, it ends up being the BEST TIME EVER!    

Honestly though, that's probably because these happen to be some of the very BEST PEOPLE I KNOW!!!

No comments: